Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Dishwasher

Growing up in my parents house we always had a dishwasher. Atleast I'm pretty sure. I never really appreciated how nice it was to have one until I moved in with my husband after we got married. I had done dishes before by hand at my jobs but actually not having one in your own place really sucked. Rusty and I usually tried to take turns doing them but it was usually me. Well I got really tired of that so after we saw how much we were getting back on taxes then I thought I should start looking. We can't actually have one that is hooked up all the time so I looked for new portable ones. Holy crap! I did not realize how expensive they are! So I looked on ksl and we ended getting one for 130 but we had to buy a part for it so it came close to 150. But I absolutely love it! It is going to make things so much easier when the baby is here, I mean it already has made things easier but it will be even easier not to break my back standing there doing them all by hand and taking my time away. ha ha I guess right now it doesn't matter since I don't do much but that's beside the point. Anyways I love having a dishwasher!

4 comments:

Jillene said...

In the first apartment that we lived in after we got married--we had no dishwasher. IT SUCKED!! I HATED to hand wash dishes. We lived there for 1 year--of hell--and when we bought the house----I kissed the dishwasher!!

Christa said...

You are now, truly an adult. You love and appreciate a household appliance. Just wait until you get all weepy over pressure cookers and crock pots. It will happen. Or, maybe that's just me.

Rachel X said...

Just so you know, we didn't always have a dishwasher growing up. Probably in your lifetime though. But we had a portable one for a LONG time. And you know that spot on the counter where Dad puts his keys, phone, wallet, change, etc? He used to put it on the portable dishwasher.

Beck said...

I remember the protable dishwasher at your house! Man- that was a long time ago. Talk about feeling old- Emily- you probably were not even born yet!!!