Thursday, January 8, 2009

The Sorta Bad, The Good, and The Bad

First the sorta bad. Monday at my ultrasound the technician had said that the baby might have a clubbed foot. She told us she wasn't 100% sure because she couldn't get a good enough picture of it. So today at my actual Dr. App. he had said that the baby DOES have a clubbed foot. I had also told him that they said they weren't sure and he said that was what they wrote down so we still don't even know for sure. Now the good news is that if he does have a clubbed foot then it is very easy to treat. The Dr. said that they usually just put a booty on the foot so that is grows normally once the baby is born. I really hope and pray that he doesn't have a clubbed foot but if he does then I'm glad its easy to treat. Now for the bad. My Dr. is retiring in March. :( He did say that he would refer us to one of the other Dr's but I still wish he wasn't leaving. He said he needs to spend more time with his younger children and he also just got called as Bishop so he decided that after 20 years of practice he needs to retire. I wanted him to deliver the baby. Duh. I want to scream. Blah :(

2 comments:

Christa said...

What???? Did you just say that Dr. Barton is retiring? Now I want to scream. What am I supposed to do now?

Jillene said...

When I was pregnant with Olivia (about 6 months along) Matt's work's insurance changed and guess what? My Dr. was NOT on it. I was DEVISTATED!! We decided that it was worth it for me to pay him out-of-pocket because of my Toxemia problems. It ended up costing me $1,800 and when it came time to deliver--he was severly dehydrated and was in the hospital so he didn't even deliver her. I was so mad!!

Sorry about the baby's foot. It is a really good thing that it is an easy fix though.