Friday, January 16, 2009

I don't want to...

I know I'm still young and I have a long way to go, but I don't want to get old. And by old I mean like 70 or 80. I've always thought this but today even more. I was with my mom and grandma today and just seeing all the bad things of getting old scares me. I know there are good things but what if I lose my mind like my grandma? How awful would that be. I hate to come off as negative nancy and I know I should be more positive but just being around my grandma made me think alot. I feel so bad cuz we all laugh alot at the silly things she does but she doesn't understand. Like one funny thing she did was double and triple dip her fries into the fry sauce. It was pretty funny. And then I guess she thought she had to eat all the food on her plate so pretty soon she just starting storing the food in her mouth like a chipmunk. Then my mom finally took the plate away so she would stop, she started patting her cheeks to indicate she had food in her mouth. It took her like 20 minutes to finally swallow it all. It makes me wonder what could be going through her mind when she doesn't ever speak.

3 comments:

Jillene said...

I don't want to get old either. I especially don't want to get dementia or alsheimers. I would hate to not be able to remember my family.

ericthegray said...

The nice thing about it is that she doesn't really know that she can't remember; she's just happy for someone to take her for a ride and give her some junk food - just like maybe Peyton or Oaklen would be. Wouldn't it be nice to be that carefree again?

Beck said...

Ok- my fav part of this little comment was the "Negative Nancy" part. It reminded me of my Mom. Haha. I am yor new blog stalker :)