Thursday, March 12, 2009

My prayers have been answered

I am very happy to announce that I DO NOT have gesational diabetes. :) Here is the story of the test. I was asked to come in on Tuesday morning at 8:45 to start my 3 hour glucose test. I asked Rusty to give me a blessing the night before the test to calm me down cuz I had been freaking out a little bit. I had to start fasting at midnight the night before and could not have anything to eat until the test was done. I got there about 10 minutes late due to traffic but ended up waiting anyways because she wasn't even back there. So I had to put my name on the list and go sit in the waiting room. Finally after a couple people were called back she called me. I absolutely HATE needles. So of course I never watch. She probably thought I was a big baby because she asked me everytime if I was ok. So after she drew my blood she told me I needed to come back at 10:10, 11:10 and 12:10. So I went out yet again to the waiting room. The wait actually wasn't that bad because I had my ipod and a wordsearch to entertain me. About 45 minutes before my last time I started to get really hungry. It was getting pretty unbearable. So all in all I was poked with a needle 4 times and since everytime SHE draws my blood I get bruises, it now looks like I am a druggie and have track marks on my arms. On my way home my body was really really weak, so I stopped at KFC, I know probably not the best choice since I still didn't know if I had the diabetes but I did get a wrap so there. Well as I was eating my body started to get really hot and I was getting really uncomfortable. When I got home and out of the car I could barely walk and I was very disorriented. It was pretty awful. So I got in the house and plopped down on the couch to finish my food and didn't move for about 20 minutes. Then after feeling like I was on fire I suddenly felt like somebody dumped a bucket of ice down my whole body and was freezing! What the crap? Why does your body do such weird things when you're pregnant? So anyways, I really hate watching what I eat. I already have OCD and have to check the sodium on everything I eat so before I found out my results I had to check the carbs and sugar on the labels of everything as well. Today as I was cleaning one of the nurses called me but I didn't hear the phone so she just left a message. She said the test was normal and everything was okay. :D What a relief! I bet that I will still be OCD and check the carbs and sugars on every label. I guess I should anyways but I have been a lot better about what I eat and I will continue to do so cuz I do not want to be a blimp by the end of this pregnancy! I am so happy that I don't have gestational diabetes! You have no idea!

2 comments:

Rachel X said...

That is one of the most horrible needle stories I have ever heard. I'd rather be shot with a gun.

Christa said...

Horray for you that you don't have gestational diabetes. Like I've said before, if you're really dilligent with breastfeeding (trust me, it takes the pounds off) and exercise, you will lose the weight. I just made myself laugh. Like I've been dilligent with exersise myself. Hahaha. Seriously, I have been at times in my life and I definitely notice the difference when I am.