Saturday, June 13, 2009

Sick

Adam had his two week check up on Wednesday and now weighs 10 pounds. When I put him on the scale the nurse told me to take his diaper off for a second and then asked to put it back on. Well it was a little dirty so I went to grab and new one and he peed and pooped all over. The nurse acted like it was my fault. She said in a very negative tone, "I knew that was gonna happen." It really bugged me. Well then another nurse came in to take the state pku test and she said "what a big baby!" Adam was not happy during the test. He was really hungry and I did feed him a little while before we left but we also had to wait a while before going in so he screamed the whole time she was taking his blood. But then as soon as I fed him he was fine.
Rusty has been sick since Wednesday. He went to the Dr and they told him it wasn't strep or the flu but they gave him flu medicine anyways and it was 57 dollars! I was so mad but there wasnt anything I could do about it. Today he thought he might have pneumonia so he went to the Dr again and of course it wasn't just like I told him but the Dr said that if he didn't feel any better by next Wednesday to call him. He has a really bad nasty hacking cough. It's way gross. Then yesterday on my way home from camping with my mom, my whole body got really achy and I had really bad back pain. I was bawling when I got home I hurt so bad. I had a temperature and cold chills. It was pretty bad so I had Rusty and my brother Blake give me a blessing and so now today I just have a little headache. I really hope Adam doesn't get sick. I don't think he will. And even though Rusty was sick and felt like crap, he got up last night to feed and change Adam everytime. One of the times he got up he fed Adam formula while I pumped so that on the next feeding he would have breast milk. So I got much needed sleep last night. I am very greatful to Rusty for doing that. I love him so much. I think part of the reason I was so tired and achy was the horrible bed I slept on in my moms trailer and it was also freezing outside since it was really rainy all day and the heater in the trailer was broken. Plus Adam kept me up half the night. He did not want to go back to sleep when he woke up at 2:30 to eat. Hopefully next month on the next camping trip things will be better. And hopefully Rusty doesn't get sick again for a long time cuz it's pretty bad when he is sick even if it is a rare occasion that he does get sick.

1 comment:

Heather said...

I'm sorry that you're sick! Just rest and take it easy. Keep nursing Adam so that he keeps his immune system in tip-top shape. Try laying down with him with him to nurse so you can rest too.