Monday, June 1, 2009

21 down 35 more to go

On Saturday night, I decided to weigh myself. I wasn't going to at all until my 6 week check up but I started to get really curious. At the end of my pregnancy I had gained a total of 55 pounds so I weighed 204. Yikes! Well I stepped on the scale and it said 183! I was really shocked and amazed that I lost 21 pounds in a week. It really motivated me to try and eat better to get back down to my original 148. Hopefully I can do it!

Adam has had lots of green goopy stuff coming out of his eyes I think since the day he was born. I didn't really notice until like 5 day ago. I'm not even really sure. I called the Dr and they told me it could either be a clogged tear duct or an eye infection. They told me that 4 to 5 times a day I need to take my finger and start at the bottom of his nose and push up to the corner of his eye 2 to 3 times and to do this with both eyes. They said if it still hadn't gone away by Wednesday to give them a call back. They also said that signs of an infection include high fever and the whites of his eyes will be red. He hasn't had a fever and his eyes are still a little yellow from the jaundice. Hopefully it's not or doesn't turn into an infection. Other than that he is such a good baby. I have been getting about 6 to 7 hours of sleep a night. He wakes up every 2 to 3 hours to eat and have a diaper change and then goes right back to sleep. Every once in a while he has been wide awake so then when I put his down he gets mad. At that point I usually put him in the swing or just sit in the rocking chair with him for a while. I really love being a mom! I never could have imagined what an amazing feeling it is to be a mom.

1 comment:

Christa said...

I have learned the hard way that simply eating good is NOT enough. You have to exercise often too. If you want to lose all of the weight, you have to do it. Just remember, it took 9 months to gain it. It will take a while to get it all off.