Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Call Me Crazy Or...

Well I don't know if you would call me crazy, smart or both. I really don't know what to think of it myself but I'm kinda glad I did it. First let me say that I was stupid to begin with and used a credit card to go on our 1 year anniversary back in September. I thought I knew everything and just said that I would work alot and pay it all back. WRONG. I got pregnant and was really sick and there haven't been any jobs! Typical that would happen to me just so I would learn a lesson. Well since we got quite alot back on our taxes I decided to catch up on rent, pay off a dentist bill and pay off my credit card. But going to the Dr last week changed my mind. I know I should probably pay off the high interest credit card first but I think that paying our deductible for the Dr. instead will help us alot more. So I put a little toward the card and the 500 towards the Dr. Now since our deductible is 1000 I still have some to pay but everytime I pay Lab Corp and stuff like that it goes towards my deductible. So PLEASE CORRECT ME IF I'M WRONG but we might have almost everything paid for the baby by the time he gets here. Atleast I hope, I'm still confused a little bit about it. Someone want to try to explain?

5 comments:

Christa said...

I would just continue to make some payments to the doctor. Then, once the baby is born and insurance adjustments and payments have been made, you can pay the remainder. Or, you just might be surprised and end up owing little to nothing. That happened with Cameron. I made payments throughout the pregnancy and then waited for all of that stuff to happen. I called the doctor's office to get their balance. I was expecting around $200.00. It ended up being only $14.00. That was a good day.

Unknown said...

Hey, i'm sure it will work out, but i know you'll get where you want to be faster and more easily if you speak with marianne johnson from primerica to get financial planning set up- they really have some awesome programs, and you don't pay them ANYTHING :) they use the money you have and put it to work in better ways-
seriously, check into it!

Heather said...

The church actually has some good finance tools. Check out these websites:
Family Finances


Avoid Debt


Use a budget

Beck said...

Hey Em- glad ot hear you are working on the debt. Debt can really cause a lot of problems, so it is good to just stay away :) I agree with Darrell, we also use Primerica and they do a great job, and I will also recommend to read anything by Dave Ramsey. Scott and I just went to a workshop he held, and he is amazing. He uses biblical principles towards $$ goals, and it kinds makes you remember what we are told to and do it!

Rachel X said...

I don't have great advice like everyone else, but I agree with what they said. Get out of debt as soon as you can, and stay out of debt as much as you can. It makes such a difference. That's why I am able to work low paying jobs and still live and buy guns. No debt.

At least you don't owe on your taxes.