Thursday, January 28, 2010

Trip to the ER

I guess you could say that it all started very early wednesday morning, around 1 am. Adam woke up and he just didn't sound right in the way he was crying. Rusty brought him in to me and he was burning up. We gave him some medicine, rocked him back to sleep and went back to sleep ourselves. He woke up a few times after that but always seemed like he wasn't feeling good still. We went all day yesterday with him being ok. He just wasn't acting like himself. Well I went to my moms and had Rusty meet me there because we were going to talk to someone about our car and trading it in. I knew we'd be gone a long time so I asked my mom if she would watch Adam. Well we were gone for way longer than I thought and my mom told me he still wasn't acting like he was feeling good so she took his temp and it was 101. I called my dad and asked if he could go over and have him and my cousin give him a blessing. Well we traded in our car for a Jeep Grand Cherokee with a little bit of a lower payment than our other car. If everything works out with the bank at the interest rate that we want then we will keep it. If not then we'll look for something else. Anyways we didn't get home until 10 and I was pretty mad about it. After getting into bed Adam woke up and so we rocked him back to sleep and gave him a little bottle. Well then at 2 am he wakes up again. Rusty brought him into me so he could get something for him and when I felt him he felt like he was on fire. He was way too warm. So I immediately told Rusty that we had to take him to the emergency room. He kept saying take his temp to make sure. I really didn't want to because I just knew that it would be way high. After some arguing I finally took it and it was 103! I then yelled at Rusty and told him we had to go right now. Of course at 2 am there are no urgent cares open so we had to go to the ER. I told the dr that he has had a cough for about a month and so he said he'd order a chest x ray to see if anything was going on. He then looked in his ears. An ear infection was at the beginning stages. So they gave him some omoxicillin and wrote a prescription and gave him some motrin. As we were waiting around for the x ray to come back Adam's fever went completely down. He was so hyper! He was acting like he had just slept for 13 hours straight. While Rusty and I sat there like zombies. We were so tired! The x rays came back with some viral congestion but the doc said that it should clear up with help from the antibiotics as well. So we went home and got there about 5:30. We all went to bed and then Adam woke up at 8! Aahhh I was so tired! We got the antibiotics for him, gave him some motrin and finally at 10:30 he went to sleep. And now it's time for me to go to sleep! Although I should be preparing my talk for church on sunday since Rusty were both asked to speak. I'm not to thrilled. I sound like a robot when I'm nervous and I tend to talk way fast. I guess I'll have to put the preparation off until tomorrow. I am way too tired to think!

1 comment:

Jillene said...

Aaaawwww....poor baby!! It's no fun to have sick babies. I hope that he feels better soon and that you can all get some much needed rest!!

Oh--and good luck with the talks!!