Thursday, July 2, 2009

I feel horrible

Today I got home from camping with my mom at Smith and Morehouse. Yesterday we decided to go fishing at the reservoir. So I don't know why but I decide to take Adam down by the water where she was fishing and was dumb and didn't bring the stroller or car seat down with me. As we are getting ready to leave I start walking up the hill with him sleeping in my arms. Well the stupid shoes I was wearing decided to slip on a rock and I fell and dropped Adam out of my arms. I watched him go down and land between 2 big rocks. I was so shocked and shaken. I immediately grabbed him and he was screaming at the top of his lungs. My mom was up the hill and didn't see what happened but I was shaking uncontrollably and starting to cry saying I dropped him. So she grabs him from me and tries to calm him down. Thankfully my Grandpa was there so he gave him a blessing right then and there. I felt a little better but I was still bawling like crazy. He stopped crying and fell back asleep but I was still crying uncontrollably. So my mom drove us to the park city urgent care clinic to get him checked out. Everything is fine. He just got a bump on his head with some bruising around it and some scratches on his face. The image of him falling will never leave my head and I will feel bad for the rest of my life. I am still mortified that it ever happened.

No comments: